Monday, 26 February 2018
A Bit of Simplicity!
Soul searching is what everyone would do at times when things are rough and complicated. We learned to look for ways to make life simple than making it more complicated. We all just wanted to be happy.
When we are young, everything is so simple and easy, right? I know sometimes it seems that way. But the truth is life is easy. It always will be. The only difference is we're older, and the older we get, the more we complicate things for ourselves.
Maybe, if you will remember, when we were young we saw the world through simple and hopeful eyes, we knew what we wanted. We ate when we were hungry, drank when we were thirsty, and slept when we were tired. As we grew older, our minds became gradually corrupt and disillusioned by negative influences, at some point we hesitate and question our instincts. When problems get complicated, we stumbled and fell down, this happened several times, and eventually, we decided we didn't want to fall again, but rather than solving the problem that caused us to fall, we avoided it all together.
With all these factors, we ate comfort food and drank alcohol to numb our wounds and fill our voids. We worked late nights on purpose to avoid unresolved conflicts. We started holding grudges, playing mind games, and slowly deceiving others and ourselves to get ahead, and when didn't work out, we lived above our means, buying things we don't need, ate and drank some more to make oneself feel better again. Over the course of time, we made our lives more and more difficult and started losing touch with who we really are and what we really need.
So why not get back to the basics, let's make things simple again:
1. Live below your means. Buy stuff you only need. Created a budget and savings plan and stick to both of them.
2. Get enough sleep every night. An exhausted mind is rarely productive.
3. Don't try to read other people's minds and don't try to make other people read yours. Try to communicate clearly.
4. Be polite, but don't try to be friends with everyone around you. Instead, spend time nurturing your relationships with the people who matter most to you.
5. Your health is your life, keep up with it. Get an annual physical check-up
6. Don't waste your time on jealousy. The only person you are competing against is yourself.
7. Ask someone if you don't know or aren't sure.
8. Don't try to please everyone. Just do what you know is right.
9. Be sure to pay your bills on time.
10. Always be honest with yourself and others.
11. Say "I Love You" to our loved ones as often as possible.
12. Finish one project before you start another
13. Be yourself
14. Stay out of other people's drama, and don't needlessly create your own.
15. Buy things with cash.
16. Smile often, even to complete strangers.
17. If you hate doing it, stop hating it.
18. Treat everyone with the same level of respect.
19. Apologize when you should.
20. Be curious, don't be scared to learn something new.
21. Don't be shy, network with people.
22. Don't worry too much about what other people think about you.
23. Let go things you can't change, concentrate on things you can.
24. Set priorities for yourself and act accordingly.
25. Realize that the harder you work, the luckier you will become.
26. Follow your heart. Don't waste your life fulfilling someone else's dreams and desires.
27. Build something or do something that makes you proud.
28. Realize that you're never quite right as you think you are.
29. Make mistakes, learn from them, laugh about them, and move along.
30. However good or bad a situation is now, it will change. Accept this simple fact.
Enjoy Life's Simple Pleasures. They are free and better than anything money can buy. Life is not that much complex. We are complex!